Thursday, July 2, 2009

The post I didn't want to do...

Making a post for the Carpenters for Christ LA mission trip means that it's over, the end, finished. I didn't want to accept that so I put off posting about it. I have now realized that I have great photos and awesome memories and I need to share them. God did a great work in and through every person who went to help Beulah Land Baptist Church in Haughton, LA. I can say with confidence that we all left changed people, ready to serve the LORD in our Jerusalem.
Here are a few photos....
The roofers were blessed with overcast skies on Monday and were able to knock out those shingles in no time.
Hard working girls

Special friends


This is one unstoppable crew!



Final day group photo :)

Let the fun begin!!



I've never seen that much insulation in my life! A day of working with that lovely stuff means a cold shower at the end of the day :)


Beulah Land Baptist Church

Fun times :)


Thank you Jesus for bringing together an unlikely group of people and using them to further your kingdom. The building that we helped construct is just that, a building. The people who gather inside that building to worship You and learn about You will become the church. Bless Beulah Land Baptist Church as they strive to reach their community. Give them strength as they do Your will.

3 comments:

Leah-Joy said...

I don't think that I have ever been that happy in my life to take a COLD SHOWER!!!! YaYY!!!! It was such an awesome trip, as all of them are, but this one was so special! I think that this trip really pulled you, Baby Girl and I a lot closer together!

PS. LOVE THE NEW BACKGROUND!!!

Darell and Noel said...

Love your post Hopey, thanks for sharing. :-)
Looks like you guys had a really great trip.

I love you and miss you,
Noel

Deborah said...

Hopey, this is soooo good! How finalities are the same for both of us...I don't like to look at them, either. I love your optimism, though, and it reminds me of the Scripture that we are comforted so that we can comfort others. Every event becomes part of who we are, and enables us to empathize or pray for or encourage...even more so than before. I love you. You did an outstanding job leading, too, by the way :) Mama