Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Wilderness

My sisters and I went on a weekend retreat with our youth group to "The Wilderness", a secluded piece of land conveniently located near an awesome river. It has the sweetest cabins, a pond for fishing, and fields for recreation; all of these combined make for an awesome weekend of reflection and diving deeper into The Word. My morning devotions were spent atop a massive boulder on the trail to the river. It doesn't get much better then that. The splendor of God's Creation is unavoidable at this place. The mission of The Wilderness is to give you a place to worship God (at little or no expense). It is an awesome ministry and if you want more info. just let me know.
The river :)

We had a beautiful hike to the river (even though you were dying on the way back)







Group photo!



"I hold, without appeal to revelation, that when we take a view of the Universe, in its parts general or particular, it is impossible for the human mind not to perceive and feel a conviction of design, consummate skill, and indefinite power in every atom of its composition. It is impossible, I say, for the human mind not to believe that there is, in all this, design, cause and effect, up to an Ultimate Cause, a Fabricator of all things from matter and motion."
Thomas Jefferson


1 comment:

Deborah said...

I pray that the joy and refreshing from this weekend lasts for days :) I am still basking in the sermon we heard Sunday and remembering the wonderful singing...

This post is just great. I am so glad that the Lord was so close and filled you with new strength.

I love you dearly,
Mama