Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Summer Arts Institute

God gave me an awesome two weeks at the Summer Arts Institute at Shorter College! I made great friends, I learned many new things and was able to experience so many different kinds of music! Everywhere you turned there was music in some shape or form whether it was blue grass, classical, opera, musical theater or jazz. My teacher was incredible and the staff was wonderful. God's hand was with me through the entire two weeks and He never let me stumble. I am tired now but it was worth it! Here are some pictures (I couldn't keep it down to a few!)

Me and Joanna right before the bluegrass concert. She is the sweetest Christian girl. And so talented, her piano skills are amazing!

Accompanying class!!

My Putt-Putt team: Emily S., Me, Bethany and Emily M.

Bethany and Dr. Nedvin after Putt-Putt

Bethany and I before a game of "Hunter"

My roommate Maria at bowling night

Eliza! The crazy counselor :)

Yoga class. (Surprisingly enjoyable)

Final performance!

Group photo!
My jaw was cramping by the time everyone got their picture!

Bethany and I.
God truly blessed me with her friendship. Because we share the same beliefs and morals it was very encouraging to have her there.

Dr. Nedvin and I.
Doesn't he just look crazy? He even tie dyed the shirt himself :) He really is a nice guy though and orchestrated the camp very well.

Tex, Cara and I.
Tex will be attending Shorter in the fall so hopefully we can stay in touch. Both he and Cara are awesome pianists.

My roommate Maria.
She came all the way from Puerto Rico to attend the camp!
My awesome teacher. What a wonderful, Godly woman she is.
I don't think I will ever find another teacher as talented as she is.

I will cherish my memories of this summer. Thank you Jesus for providing everything I needed so that I could attend camp and make awesome friends.
Psalm 20:4
May he grant you according to
your heart's desire,
And fulfill all your purpose.


7 comments:

Noel said...

I am so happy for you Hopey!
You have such a gift with the piano.
Love
Noel

Leah-Joy said...

I am really glad that you went and had a GREAT time but I am also very glad that you are home!

God is so AWESOME!!!

Jenny said...

Love the pictures! You look so happy and beautiful! hope you can stay in touch with all these wonderful new friends!!
Love you
Aunt Jenny

Deborah said...

I am so happy for you! What a blessing to have such wonderful teachers in your life. Watching your talents grow is a gift and seeing you so happy is a joy. Being your Mama is just plain awesome. I love you dearly.

Brant said...

I'm glad to see you had a great time at the Summer Arts Institute. You look to have made some new friends and it looks like you had fun. Keep doing what you love and as always I love to see that beautiful smile!!!!
Love ya, RU

Anonymous said...

That looks like lots of fun!!!:)

Debbie B said...

I am so glad that you got this opportunity!

I was so glad to get to see you and your family recently.

Love you,
Mrs. Debbie