Friday, July 25, 2008

Do Hard Things

Hello everyone.
I have a question.
Will you please pray for me? Pray that I will hear exactly what God is trying to tell me. I feel it is something important but I'm afraid I might over look it or avoid it. I want to be different, set apart from the world, do something great for God's Kingdom, yet I feel like I'm not trying hard enough to accomplish this goal.

God has been teaching me that to do the right thing is what He expects of His followers, yet we are to go beyond the expected. We must be more then normal, we must do hard things, things that no one else wants to do. If you feel (like me) that you want to have a better idea of what this lifestyle of doing hard things looks like check out therebelution.com. It is a website/blog made by two young men (twin brothers Alex and Bret Harris, younger brothers to author Joshua Harris) who have seen the low expectations of this generation and refuse to meet them. This blog is what got me thinking; I want God to use me.
To use the slogan coined by Bret and Alex, I want to "Do Hard Things".
Please pray for my strength. I love you all.

Proverbs 4:25-27

"Let your eyes look straight ahead,
fix your gaze directly before you.
Make level paths for your feet
and take only ways that are firm.
Do not swerve to the right or the left;
keep your foot from evil.

8 comments:

Noel said...

Oh Hopey,you have such a pure heart. Scripture promises that the pure in heart shall see God! I will be praying for you. You are right where God wants you, seeking His will. What a wonderful journey you have decided to take. Only the best is ahead.
I love you and miss you
Noel

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting Hope and I will pray for you. You are seeking God's will that's what he wants you to do. I can't wait to see you soon.


Nick

Melanie said...

Hope,
First let me say I will pray for you. Second, as a mom I am so glad that my daughter is your friend and you are her teacher. This post reflects what special qualities you have. I looked at the site you referenced and was particularly impressed my the two post on the blog called The Myth of Adolescence.
Thank you for this post.
Love,
Mrs. Melanie

Debbie B said...

((Hope)) I will pray for you.

Love,
Mrs. Debbie

Anonymous said...

Hope, you are such a good role model for me. I am glad we are friends and I will pray for you. love Jessie

Leah-Joy said...

I feel just like you. I feel like God has told me something and I have missed it! I will be praying for you and please pray for me?

Thank you for saying this! It has really opened my eyes.

I hope that you and me can do hard things and be different together!

Love you,
Leah-Joy.

Deborah said...

Oh, Rosebud. What a sincere heart cry. Yes, I will pray for you. The first thing that anyone needs to hear from God is a soft heart, a teachable heart...and that is what you have as you are crying out to God. He WILL answer that. He loves that prayer. He will show the answer as you are ready, in His time, and He will prepare the way for you to go, even if you don't see all of it at once.
"His Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path..." So many times we see one step, hold up the lantern, and take the next step, keeping our eyes also on the goal that is ahead. How Jesus must love your yielded heart.

I love you dearly,
Mama

Mg* said...

Hey,
I am sorry that I have not stopped by sooner. I will be praying for you. You are an Amazing sister I love and miss you
Love
ME :0) :o)